Monday, September 10, 2012

Baked Fontina



Saw Ina Garten making this on TV and had to try it.  Ina's show makes you want to spend the day with her shopping and then have a great meal together.  I also love her story talk about major career changes from government to food.  I use her cookbooks frequently. Thanks Ina.
I had some of this left and reheated in a foil pan on a grill at a tailgate, was still yummy.  






Baked Fontina

1 1/2 lb Fontina cheese, cubed and rind removed
1/4 c good olive oil (I used about 1/8c)
6 garlic cloves, sliced  (I used about 3 and minced it)

1 T minced fresh thyme (use less if you have to use dried)
1 tsp fresh minced rosemary 
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 crusty French baguette (I served it with assorted toasts, crackers, chips)
Directions:
Preheat the broiler and position rack 5 inches from heat.
Place cheese in 12" cast iron skillet, drizzle with the olive oil.  Combine the spices and sprinkle over cheese.  Place under broiler for about 6 minutes till cheese is melted and begins to brown.

Serve warm right in skillet, I suggest having a pot holder type wrap for the cast iron handle as people are dipping into it.  



Ready for oven


Right from broiler.







    





No comments:

Post a Comment