Saturday, December 22, 2012

Zucchini Bread

 This is a combination of two recipes.  I was searching for a general Zucchini Bread recipe when I came across two that had great reviews so I took what I liked from each and came up with this.  It was so good I immediately made another batch and went for more zucchini to make even more.  Next summer when zucchini is at the peak I will be making and freezing lots of loaves!  I have some people that don't like nuts so I usually make a loaf of with & without either way it is  so good.  I originally made it with all white flour but have since added one of the cups as whole wheat slightly different texture of course but still good.  It also mixes up so quick.  After a day of cookie baking I put it in the oven to bake while I cleaned up.




Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

3 c all purpose flour   (I have mixed 1 c whole wheat 2 c white)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 c canola oil
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 c zucchini grated
1 c walnuts (optional)

Directions:

preheat 325°  grease and flour 2 loaf pans

Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, almond extract,  and sugars together.

Mix dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients, mix well.

Stir in Zucchini & nuts.

Divide between two prepared pans.

Bake 40-60 min or till tester comes out clean.

Cool for 20 min before removing from pans.

Freezes well.




Light, moist recipe.


Wrap tightly in aluminum foil then
plastic ziploc bag to freeze.

Great for gift giving.
Added a special candy bar & bow.



No comments:

Post a Comment