Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tiramisu

After searching for recipes without eggs for Tiramisu I found one, tweaked it a bit and will definitely make it again. By tweaking it I actually took things I liked from different recipes the key ingredient to me is the Marscapone Cheese it makes the dessert. The only coffee I used was in soaking the lady fingers, and I used regular Hershey Cocoa for dusting the top.  I am sure I have had Tiramisu in restaurants  made with eggs but I just can't get past serving raw eggs.  Chocolate Volcano Cake and Caesar Salad dressing are other recipes I question the eggs not being cooked.  It is probably fine and obviously has been done for years but for now I'm still avoiding uncooked eggs.  However this recipe was delicious!  Should have had a picture of the final product but missed that somehow, so will add it another time.

Tiramisu

2 pkgs of lady fingers
8 oz Mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 Cups 1/2 & 1/2
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c Kahlua
1 1/2 c strong coffee
cocoa powder

Mix at med speed mascarpone, 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla and sugar till stiff peaks form.















In a dish big enough for dipping lady fingers mix coffee & Kahlua.





Spread layer of cheese in bottom of dish and layer the dipped lady fingers, repeat layers till dish is full.


Wrap tightly and refrigerate at least 8 hours.

Remove wrapping and sprinkle layer of cocoa over the top just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment