Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boneless Pork Chop roasted over vegetables

I got this idea after seeing the chickens roasting over potatoes in France.  The juices, seasonings and oil dripping onto the potatoes make for a delicious meal.  So my version was to take boneless pork chops and put them on a grate over a pan of potatoes, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, celery,  you could also add parsnips, turnips, carrots, whatever vegetables you have on hand or are in the mood for.  It turned out really well and I will definitely do it again.  This has been a long winter and these types of meals seem to help deal with the dreary, cold days.

I pressed whole wheat bread crumbs into the pork before baking at 350 for about 30 min or internal temp of 160 which is suggested.  I actually go to about 150 as it will cook a bit while resting and I don't want it to dry out.  Really liked this method with the pork on the rack above vegetables.





added some grated parmesan to the broccoli
It went well with this Coppola wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment