Tuesday, June 5, 2012

French Breakfast Puffs

After 30 years my little hand mixer that was a Wedding shower gift quit working, so my husband just couldn't wait for me to replace it with this.   Wow, it is like an aircraft carrier compared to my little old mixer.  So far I love it!  My biggest concern was how much space it would take up in my small kitchen, but it is worth it.  So I was ready to bake when I saw a photo of these but no recipe, so after a little "googling" found the recipe posted a lot of places and going back to the 70's.  Not sure who to credit but I will make them again.  The simplicity of it caught my eye.  Very similar to my Snickerdoodle muffins and in fact I think these are even more tasty.




 French Breakfast Puffs              

Ingredients:

1/2 C unsalted butter
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used even more)
1/2 C milk

Topping:

1/2 C unsalted butter
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Instructions:

Heat oven to 350° F & line muffin tin with papers or grease well.

Mix dry ingredients.

Mix softened butter, 1/2 C of sugar, and the egg thoroughly.  Stir in dry ingredients alternately with milk to butter mixture.  Divide evenly into muffin cups.

Bake 20-25 min till golden brown.

While baking mix sugar and cinnamon from topping ingredients.  In a cup big enough for muffin melt butter.

While hot dip baked muffin into butter then dip into cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Serve warm.














No comments:

Post a Comment