Friday, August 12, 2011

Gorgonzola, Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Pork Chops


Normally I would save this recipe for cooler weather, but when you get to August you start needing a change.  After Winter I can't wait for summer so I start grilling before grill season so I guess it is just wanting what you haven't had for awhile.  I'll be back to my summer meals right away because I can never have enough  Summer.  That comes from having spent at least 7 years of my childhood in places where we only had warm weather.  I'm alright through fall but as soon as we ring in the New Year I am ready for Summer again. I have tried all the snow activities but they just aren't for me.


Gorgonzola, Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Pork Chops

Ingredients:

7 large cut Pork Chops
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach-steamed in microwave then squeeze out water
6 oz Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1/4 c chopped onion
1 roasted red pepper chopped (directions below)
salt & pepper
olive oil

Directions:

1.  In heavy skillet heat olive oil.
2.  Saute onion till tender, add spinach, red pepper &
mix in bowl with cheese set aside.

3.  Slice Pork Chops horizontally (carefully) but not
all the way through to form pocket.

4.  Spoon mixture into chop.
5.  Heat oven proof skillet, (I used cast iron) with a drizzle of olive oil.
6.  When pan is hot, place stuffed pork chop into pan & sear, turn to sear other.
7.  Place pan in 350° preheated oven for 10-15 min (depending on how thick meat is) & internal temp of 160°.






I use electric knife for this.



A Rose´ went great with this.
--with roasted potatoes & carmelized brussel sprouts




Electric knife was a shower gift when I got married,
31 years ago --- I don't use it often but worked great here.

Roasted Red Peppers

Ingredients:

Red Peppers 
aluminum foil

Directions:

Cut peppers and seed.
Place skin side up on foil.
Under broil till skin is charred black. 
Remove and wrap up foil with peppers inside.
Let rest till cool, the moisture created helps peel off the charr.
Peel and use. 








No comments:

Post a Comment