Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Drink Favorites


Alyson this ones for you!  I love tea, I make a pitcher of ice tea everyday as soon as the weather warms up and until the weather cools back down.  I know when the pitcher of tea starts lasting to the next day the seasons are changing.  I like it brewed dark, unsweetened, and occasionally some lemon.   The Ruby Red Grapefruit drink is so refreshing, I don't drink much soda but love this mix.  Visit all of these companies sites for a ton of ideas and recipes, in doing this post I hadn't visited some of the sites before so was surprised with all the information.

My favorite brew combos:

My Regular Ice Tea

For about a gallon of tea I'll brew: 

Ingredients: 

 2 Bigelow Lemon Lift bags
 4 Tetley regular tea bags

Directions:

Brew in microwave in measuring cup with about 1-2 c water.
Remove from microwave and allow to cool about 4 minutes.
In a gallon pitcher fill to within 2 cups of top with ice and water.
When cooled add brewed tea squeezing excess from tea bags.

Iced Green Tea

I had a harder time getting on board with Green Tea at first, I think I was used to drinking such strong tea that I wasn't getting the full flavor of the green tea.  I found this Tazo Zen tea has a great flavor with a blend of lemongrass and spearmint in it.  It is great hot also, it is costly to do a whole pitcher for ice tea but it is good.  We are Dunkin Donut fans versus Starbucks when it comes to coffee but when it comes to tea I'm stopping at Starbucks.  They use the Tazo products so this Zen flavor is available there.


My favorite green tea brew:

Ingredient:

3 Tazo Zen Tea bags
water

Brew tea bags in 1-1/2 cups water in microwave, use cold water and micro for 2 minutes, allow to cool.
In 1/2 gallon pitcher fill half way with ice and water.
When cooled add brewed tea squeezing out excess from tea bags.

Ruby Red Pink Grapefruit Fizz

Another drink of this summer has been Ruby Red Pink Grapefruit Fizz, it really isn't that big of a deal but I have sure went through the grapefruit juice.  I have always like that juice but after having this drink with Alyson in Vermont  a light bulb went off and this drink was born.  This drink at Simon Pearce Restaurant was a Strawberry Fizz and had a little kick.

Lunch at "Simon Pearce" from my  Empty Nest Blog
http://livingintheemptynest.blogspot.com/2011/07/all-in-one-day.html

Ruby Red Pink Grapefruit Fizz
Ocean Spray Ruby Red light
Cananda Dry diet Ginger Ale  ( other brands are to sweet)
Mix 1/2 and 1/2 pour over ice and enjoy.  You could use regular of both juice and soda, I prefer the lower calorie less sugar and am ok with the sugar substitute so my drink is only about 75 calories although that makes it a 24oz drink---but what to do with 1/2 a can of soda so I drink it all.  



Don't you love a pretty pink drink?


                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment