Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cinnamon Chip Coffee Cake

Always looking for things to make ahead thought I'd try this recipe to have a coffee cake ready for breakfast the next day.  I had never noticed Cinnamon Chips in the baking aisle before so was curious to try them.  Moist cake, I made it in a 13 x 9 pan but it would make a nicer presentation in the tube/bundt pan.

I got this recipe from the Hershey site:  http://www.hersheys.com/recipes.aspx  living in Pennsylvania Hershey is a part of everyday life so maybe I am a bit biased but Hershey products have always been good, reliable, and easy to use.


Cinnamon Chip Coffee Cake

1 c butter--softened
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c applesauce
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 c cinnamon chips (I found Hershey brand)
1 c pecans


glaze:

3/4 c powdered sugar
 a drizzle of water
1/8 tsp vanilla

heat oven to 350
prepare pan with crisco
beat sugar and butter till creamy, add eggs one at a time, vanilla, then mix in applesauce.

combine flour, soda, salt and add to wet mixture, blend well

stir in chips and pecans spread into pan
bake 30-35 min for 13 x 9 pan cool



mix powdered sugar with vanilla very slowly drizzle in water until desired consistency then drizzle over cake.


with my new "Mary Poppins" mug!
"Practically perfect in every way"









No comments:

Post a Comment